Friday 9 January 2015

Test Entry



For the upcoming 2015 spring semester I am excited to be spending the semester studying away at Duke's Marine Biology Lab in Beaufort, NC.  While I am not leaving the county, I will be going on a two week trip to St. John in the US Virgin Islands and will still be experiencing new places, people, routines, and hopefully new ways of looking at things.  

Spending a semester on the Outer Banks of North Carolina is something I have always wanted to do. Being from a coastal town and growing up on and around the beach I cannot wait to learn more about marine biology so I can begin to understand even more about the ocean I grew up around.  I believe being in this professional environment on the coast will be a great experience for me that will enhance what I have already learned at Allegheny and observed at home.  

I hope my time at Duke will not only be enjoyable, but will provide me more insight on what I want to do my senior comp on, what field research is like, and what I want to do after college.  I also believe by reflecting on my experiences at the end of the semester I will notice some changes in who I am due to the new situations I will be in and going through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.