Wednesday 3 June 2015

Coming Home

After having spent a year abroad I feel like I have learned to truly appreciate parts of my life that I used to take for granted. The simple and small things are sometimes those that other people around the world struggle to receive. I am blessed with the life and opportunities I was given and I honestly see those aspects in my life that seemed normal. Being exposed to a culture where the majority of the population struggles in some sense opened my eyes to see that the western lifestyle is rare.

I learned so much from going Morocco since it has a different culture than what I am used to. I believe that it is an important aspect to begin to learn more about the world and become accustomed diversified cultures. The world is becoming more intermixed and I think study abroad can aid students with sheltered perceptions. Since I have lived in a small town in the States I have not been exposed to seeing Arabic people. It was amazing to be able to meet these people. Even though we dressed differently, had different skin colors and came from different backgrounds, I noticed repeatedly from my experience that all people are truly the same when we look past surface level perceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.