Sunday 29 March 2015

A Picture is Worth a 1000 Words


This is the Guadalquivir River that separates Sevilla. Formally known as the Betis River, it was renamed when the Arabs arrived and took over southern Spain. Everyday I walk the same route to school, crossing the river more than once a day. It has become a part of my everyday life. I love waking up and looking over the bridge to see the rowers rowing or people in their kayaks. I love observing the people walking the opposite direction. I love sitting by the river in the sun, looking at the colorful buildings of Calle Betis. This river has become such an important part in my experience and I often find myself feeling sad knowing that I have to leave this all behind. This river has shown me kindness and I will forever be grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.