Tuesday 31 March 2015

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words


I was very excited to get a picture of a British post box when we were visiting Chester our first weekend at Lancaster. Lancaster city didn't have one like this, at least to my knowledge at that point in time. To me, these scream Britain as much as red phonebooths, doubledecker buses, and blue police boxes. I have a strong association to these post boxes because of Harry Potter. I know there is no post on Sundays thanks to Uncle Vernon in the first book/movie. In the Harry Potter lego games, while traipsing through the city areas, you can magically destroy these post boxes for coins. The idea of the mail system seems very British. It has a firmly held order. It goes about its business even in the rain. If that doesn't explain Britain in part, I don't know what would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.