Sunday 17 May 2015

Lessons from study away

The first person I interviewed was my TA, who remembers when I hiked up the mountain after a very late night out and that I still kept going on the hike no mater the steep grade, and that was really impressive

I guess this shows my resolve to keep up with this program no matter how much work it was. I think that part of the reason this program was so much work was because of the vast biodiversity here, and in order to get a good grasp on it, you need to work really hard memorizing, reading, and even taking 4 hour spanish classes. It was really rewarding though, which is why I fell I still found the drive the hike up that mountain with serious sleep deprivation and headache issues.

The second people I interviewed was my host stay mom who rather than remembering a specific story says he will always remember that I would do the dishes.

I guess this is telling of my character because I had been washing dishes everyday on the field trips so I was just used to it and that these menial tasks really aren't that bad and I can totally do them without being asked to do it. This is something that I wouldn't probably have thought on my own back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.